top of page

Best Canada Visa Program to Settle with Family

Updated: Sep 28, 2023

Canada is a popular choice among immigrants worldwide since it offers a beautiful landscape and many world class benefits. This is why people who decide to move abroad, especially with family, keep this country at the top of their lists. But neither you nor your family members can enter or stay in the country without a visa. Do not worry though, since you have got plenty of options of visa program to choose from, which we will be covering in this article. Keep reading to find out more about these programs in detail.

The Express Entry Program:

This program allows skilled workers to become permanent residents in Canada. This is mainly for individual workers, however families can also be benefited from it. The provinces or territories usually select suitable candidates as part of the Provincial Nominee Program. The aim of this program is to meet the labour demand in those provinces. The candidates are selected based on the Comprehensive Ranking System, which relies on several factors such as age, education, work experience and language proficiency etc.

Family Sponsorship Program:

Family reunification is a crucial part in Canada’s immigration policy. Thus, the Family Sponsorship Program enables Canadian citizens to sponsor their close family members for permanent residence. Please note that in order to sponsor your family, you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident yourself first. This program allows you to sponsor your spouse or partner and children/dependents under the age of 22. Sponsoring parents, and grandparents are not allowed under this program for this moment. They can be brought via Super Visa.

Super Visa:

This program is especially curated to support the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. It allows for a stay up to 5 years at a time and can be valid up to 10 years. There are specific requirements that need to be met and specific documents required for this program, such as the medical insurance. The necessary documents are as follows: proof of financial support during the stay, list of people in the household of the citizen or permanent resident, and lastly a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document. Additionally, medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company or an insurance company outside Canada( approved by the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship) is required as well.

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP):

The provinces and territories in Canada select potential candidates to meet specific labour market needs and regional priorities. This grants the individual worker permanent residence along with family-friendly opportunities. Some provincial nominee programs, like the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) and the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) focus on people who have family members or relatives in Canada. So if you happen to have any relatives there, you are more likely to be nominated. If you become a permanent resident through this program, you can sponsor your immediate family members to come and live with you in Canada.

Start-Up Visa Program:

The Canadian Startup Visa Program offers permanent residence to qualified entrepreneurs from all over the world. The program is specifically designed for innovative entrepreneurs to connect them with private sector investors in Canada to help them establish their startup venture. Candidates are designated to a Canada based investor each and they support the work permit which allows the candidates to arrive in Canada. Once their business is running properly, they can apply for permanent residence. Once your application for permanent residence is approved, you and your family can become permanent residents of Canada.

Caregiver Program:

This is a pilot immigration program that allows workers to settle in Canada with their families. This program is for those who are working in the caregiving sector. This program allows immigrant workers under two categories: the Home Child Care Provider Pilot and the Home Support Worker Pilot. Workers under both categories can bring their immediate family members with them. Once the workers meet their designated work experience requirements, they can apply for permanent residence along with being able to sponsor their family members.

Final Thoughts:

Canada has many programs for you to select from if you are planning to go and live there with your family. Whether you are a worker, a caregiver, or an entrepreneur, or simply someone related to a Canadian citizen, you are highly likely to find a suitable program for yourself. Make sure to check the eligibility and other requirements and your own situation, preferences and qualifications before applying, and you should be good to go.

For consultation call: +8801949555888


bottom of page